The Lancashire Automobile Club is assisting the Vintage Sports Car Club to hold an event on Saturday 22 July 2023. LAC Members with suitable cars (see information below) are invited to enter this event.
Full details below.
Have you ever wanted an event with all the components of a rally but slightly more relaxed and sociable? If so the VSCC’s Bowland 23 Rally could be just what you want. LAC & PDVCC are invited clubs and will also be assisting with marshalling duties.
- 100 miles of superb, motoring roads in an area of outstanding natural beauty
- Classes for pre-war cars and Category 1 historic rally cars*
- Choice of straight-forward map reading or easy to follow road book instructions
- 8 regularities – 1 timed to the second – the rest timed to the minute
- 4 – 6 ‘special tests’ for everyone
- Start/Finish at the picturesque Bleasdale Parish Hall
- Half-way halt in the beautiful Lune Valley
- Scrutineering, issue of instructions and pre-rally social evening on the Friday
- Post rally supper of traditional Lancashire Hotpot before the results on Saturday
- Invited clubs include HRCR, PDVCC, LAC, KLMC, KDMC, KCC and others
- For further information about the event itself please contact Clerk of the Course, Martin Jelley, on 07757 812703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Supplementary Regulations and queries about entering contact Secretary of the Meeting, Ethan Harris, on 01608 644777 or email@example.com
- Volunteers to marshal please contact Chief Marshal, Angie Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Entries welcomed from all pre 1940 cars and all Category 1 historic cars (any car of a type made before 1968) so Minis, MGBs etc from the 1970s are ideal
Bowland 23….a rally with a difference from the Vintage Sports-Car Club.